If you are tired of wearing glasses and contact lenses, you may wonder whether Lasik Eye Surgery is right for you! It is a type of refractive eye surgery. Most people who have laser eye surgery achieve better vision and work well for most activities and satisfied with its results. LASIK surgery has a good track record and results in a loss of vision are rare. There are certain side effects, particularly dry eyes, temporary visual disturbance are common and usually clear up after a few weeks. People with mild nearsightedness have success with refractive surgery. But the people who have a high degree of nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism have less expectable results. Read on more to decide whether this surgery is right for you.
What Does Lasik Eye Surgery Involve?
There are many variations of Lasik Vision Surgery in Mesa. It is the best knownand the most commonly performed.
- Nearsightedness (myopia): It is such a condition in which you see near objects clear but distant objects are blurry. When your eyeball is slightly longer than normal then light rays focus in front of the retina and blur distant vision.
- Farsightedness (hyperopia): In this condition, you can see far objects clearly but near objects are blurry. When your eyeball is shorter than the average eyeball and light focus behind the retina. This blurs near vision.
- Astigmatism: It causes overall blurry vision. When the cornea curves or flattens then the result is astigmatism which disturbs both near and far distant vision.
Before the LASIK procedure, your eye surgeon will measure the details of your eye. Then, they use a special type of cutting laser to alter the curvature of your cornea. A tiny amount of corneal tissue is removed and allows your eye surgeon to flatten the curve of your cornea.
An individual eye surgeon may specialize in precise types of laser eye surgery procedures. Depending on individual preferences you may consider.
- Photorefractive Keratectomy: With this method, the top surface is scraped away rather than forming a flap. This takes 3-4 days to heal and result in moderate pain and blurred vision in the short term.
- Laser-assisted Subepithelial Keratectomy: This LASEK procedure is similar to LASIK eye surgery. But in this procedure, the flap is created by using the special cutting device and exposing the cornea to ethanol. It allows your eye surgeon to remove less of the cornea and have a good option for people who have thin corneas.
- Epithelial Laser-assisted in-situ Keratomileusis: This LASIK procedure separates the epithelium from the middle part of the cornea by using the mechanized blade device and reshaping the cornea with the laser.
- Implantable Lenses: The corrective lenses can be inserted surgicallyin the eye to improve vision. It may also be an alternative to LASIK for older adults for cataract surgery in the future.
Why Choose Arizona LASIK?
Arizona Lasik Eye Clinic in Mesa is glad to help you with any eye vision issues you have. They offer these qualities you may opt for.
- Bladeless, stitch less and painless surgery.
- 15 minutes surgery procedure.
- Safe procedure and restore clear vision.
- Use the latest technology and equipment.
Contact them today through their official website to know better.