All of us dream of a flawless complexion and bright porcelain-like skin for which we follow a strict diet and exercise regime and several beauty treatments. The celebrities also fall in the same category but we still wonder what works for them like a miracle which doesn’t work for many of us. Well, this miracle is glutathione which is the secret to the beautiful skin of celebrities.
Glutathione and its secret
Glutathione is an amazing skin-lightening element that does the trick for the skin which the external products also cannot do.
- It is a small protein that is found in all the cells of animals, plants, in some bacteria and fungi.
- It is referred to as the “master” antioxidant due to its power to provide antioxidant protection thus, removing toxins and supporting the immune system.
- It is comprised mainly of three amino acids, glutamine, glycine, cysteine, and contains sulphur too that absorbs the free radicals and toxins from our body.
- The benefits it provides to the skin are amazing.
- It has some other health benefits too like mental health, cardiac health, improving insulin sensitivity, preventing cancer development, reducing inflammation.
Increasing Glutathione in the body
Just like vitamins, glutathione levels in the body also vary from one individual to another. They get suppressed due to many reasons like
- Poor nutrition
- Lack of sleep
All these increase toxins in the body thus affecting the glutathione level. It then impacts our health and mainly the skin. While there are many natural ways to increase glutathione levels in our body, supplements are far more effective than other sources. There are injections, creams, soaps, and especially glutathione pills that work quite effectively for brighter skin.
You can easily buy glutathione online in the form of pills that supports detoxification and enhance your skin glow. The free radicals are reduced in the body which reduces dark spots and wrinkles and other marks.
Few glutathione pills are taken orally either buccally or sublingually for better results. Since these areas have high blood vessels, glutathione enters directly into the blood bypassing the liver ensuring faster results to bring that unmatched brilliant glow on your skin. Usually a dosage of 500mg is recommeneded but it best to consult your doctor before taking it.
Glutathione in natural sources
This wonderful antioxidant is present in a few natural food items that doctors suggest help in increasing the glutathione levels in the body.
- Food that is rich in sulphur: fish, poultry, beef. For vegetarians, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, sprouts
- Citrus fruits: Vitamin C in citrus fruits work the same way as glutathione works for our skin including berries and bell peppers
- Asparagus, spinach, avocado, and okra are high antioxidants when taken in raw form.
While it is no doubt better to go through the natural route for increasing glutathione levels in the body, the cooking process and digestion remove a lot of antioxidants. This leaves less for our bodies. Therefore, take glutathione pills for skin benefits ensure you get a concentrated and more effective form that would work well giving you beautiful and flawless skin.