If an elder member in your family finds it challenging to complete their day-to-day tasks because of their old age, then you are probably looking for a solution to provide comfort and proper care to your loved one. Due to work and other reasons, it may not be possible for you to help them with their daily needs. In such cases, hiring Phoenixville personal care services is the best option.
What Is Personal Care?
Personal care refers to supporting the needs of an individual who finds it challenging to take care of themselves. These are non-medical services and are provided to the client to help with their day-to-day activities. These include basic things such as eating, bathing, toileting, walking, etc.
Because every individual has different needs, you can create your personal care plan tailored to your requirements. Programs may also differ based on preferences such as hygiene products, cleaning techniques, and sleeping options. These services are flexible and work according to your comfort and not vice versa.
Which Services Are Included In Personal Care?
The following services are included in personal care. Since most of these tasks are very personal, creating a custom-designed plan is essential to ensure that the client receives the best care.
- Meal preparation, planning, and feeding.
- Providing companionship and support.
- Helping clients travel from one place to another, go for outings, attend events, etc.
- Picking up medications and prescriptions on their behalf and reminding them to take medicines.
- Providing recovery support after hospitalization.
- Assisting them in exercising and staying fit.
- Light housekeeping services.
- Assistance in bathing and dressing.
- 24/7 supervision
Personal Care Options
Personal care services are tailored according to your needs. Therefore, you can choose the care plan that suits you best.
- Live-In Care – If you prefer personal care by staying in your own home, you can opt for live-in care services. Here, a trained professional carer stays with you 24/7 and supports you in the comfort of your home.
- Visiting Care – A visiting care provider will come to your house at a scheduled time every day for a specific number of hours. If you feel uneasy about the idea of living with a stranger, you can opt for this. This is a great option as you choose the timings and number of service hours as per your preference.
- Elderly care – Elderly care is for people of the age 65 and above. As the name suggests, elderly care involves taking care of older people who struggle with age-related issues such as feelings of loneliness, dependence on other people, etc. Elderly care can be provided inside the client’s house or at a care facility.